Sunday, April 6, 2008

So hot its praciticly on fire

Ahh the swapmeat what an interesting place. Even though I don't really enjoy waking up to beat the crowds I must admit that the prices can't be beat. To the point that I wonder exactly where they received there goods. But when I can get items that I want on the cheap I don't care
to much.

The atmosphere there is as you would imagine a bazaar to be. Just rows and rows of merchants eager to sale there wares. All the while shouting things in Spanish which I can only assume means sale, low price, or something of that nature.

One thing I have noticed about the swapmeat is that I can never find something that I specifically am looking for. I guess it is my own fault for having taste for the newer gadgets. So for me it always ends up just going in with nothing particular in mind to buy.

Well actually today I just happen to be looking for a few specific items. I was looking for an air purifier, iPod nano, and the Nike+ running kit. I ended up finding the air purifier for 5 dollars so that was good. But I was pretty sure I wasn't going to find the other two.

Well I never did find the Nike+ running kit (no surprise because looking at most the people there exersizing didn't seem like a priority). But I did find a few places selling "iPod nanos". Although
they all basically sold the same knock off. I guess normally I wouldn't mind but I need the real deal to use with the running kit.

So all in all the swapmeat is a good place to get things as long as you don't mind how it was originally procured.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: