Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sleek, sexy, its the iphone


So I just got my iphone and I must say it is quite a looker. I already have an ipod touch which is basically the same thing minus the phone and camera capabilities. While there was nothing wrong with the ipod touch I felt that I should probably try to consolidate some of the gadgets I have into one easy to carry phone. Currently I'm carrying my ipod touch for music, my camera for photos, and a phone that for making phone calls.

Now I know that the iphone is not the greatest camera but the fact that I always have my phone with me means that I will always have my camera handy as well. Also since my phone will also be my mp3 player I can cut down on the amount of things I have to carry with me. Plus like I said before the iphone itself is just plain sexy.

Also the other reason I decided to get an iphone was I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. While I was going through a the gadget blogs I look at I came across a post about AT&T offering the iphone for $249 with no contract. I thought it was to good to be true but I wasn't about to let this go with out looking into it. I used the link they had posted to the site when I got to the site it said that I needed to get a 2 year contract. I thought, "Oh Great" but when I read more about the offer I read that people were able to purchase the phone without doing the 2 year contract. So to make a long story a little shorter I was able to buy the phone without the contract.

I told my girlfriend about it but she was hesitant well actually she took some advice from her father who knows nothing about technology and didn't get it when I told her about it. So when she finally decided she wanted to get it it was to late. They probably had sold out by that time.

That made me wonder if they actually sold other refurb phones like that. Ones without a 2 year contract required. When i went back to the site and looked at the other refurb phones they all require the customer to purchase the plan before sending the phone out. It seems weird to me that they would sell a phone that only they carry without the contract. But I guess they have their own plans. As for me I've already unlocked mine and plan to go with tmobile as the carrier.

Hopefuly I will be able to take pictures and post to my blog on the fly. Thats the plan anyways we shall see how well that works out.

No comments: